Monday, April 2, 2012

PISA with LISA!


I made it to Pisa on Saturday morning and met Lisa Puccini at the station. It was actually our first time to meet face to face or even hear each other's voice's as we had only emailed and written over Facebook. Randomly Lisa found me through the Facebook Wwoofing site and contacted me curious to know more about what I was doing, offering to help in navigating a bit of my stay in Italy. She also offered to host me at her mother's house this past weekend and I am so, so glad I took that route. It was either that or Capri and while I would have loved to see more of the coast, I had to head north regardless. I was ready for a little detour from touristy spots, and that is exactly what I got. 


Lisa & her mom have this huge, white dog named, Nuvella (sp) which means the moon.  Nuvella is like a big baby only she is almost like an elderly dog. I love animals so she was always a joy to see as she greeted us coming and going.  Her version of playing is barreling through the yard - it's quite funny, because she is so big. She comes up to my hip when I stand. 

Lisa hosted me for days and 2 nights just outside Pisa. We did see the leaning tower which was great... and then we walked around the center of Pisa a bit. I liked it after visiting Rome. Less crowded, fewer people, quieter, but still that Italian charm.  These photos here however are not of the city center, but rather the countryside of Pisa. I knew that Lisa & I were like soul sisters when she picked me up at the train station and within the first five minutes was telling me, "I don't like city. I like country to relax! " Yes....Me too!


On Sunday morning she planned for us to go on a hike up this huge hill or mountain of sorts down the street from her house. I was a little worried when she pointed to it looming in the distance - so big! But it was actually quite nice. Such a beautiful place and a side to Pisa I would not have seen on my own. So, the following images are of our 3km hike up that hill and then another afternoon walk. 







This is LISA! Isn't she lovely? She is such a wonderful person and I'm so glad we met. We had lots of good girl talk - as if we'd known each other a long time. I will never forget her wording when we talked about waiting for the right one to come along and she would slowly shake her head and say, "no false...no false."  And I'm like, I hear you sister! No false!  I am really pulling for her to move to the U.S. and find a great man who is...true. : ) 









Lisa works for a very well known motorcycle company that makes most of the bikes you see on the road in America & Europe. So after a yummy lunch and quick siesta under the sun, we hopped on her motorbike to another town close by and walked around some more...I think in total Sunday we walked 8km. Such beautiful little towns.

I was a passenger, not a driver.







4 comments:

Briana said...

yes Lisa!!! NO false! I love that. She does seem like such a lovely person inside and out. I love that you could find a friend there, one who appreciates the country and relaxing!! beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing, Amber! How wonderful to have been sent a native, trustworthy, comfortable to be with, AND she has a motorbike! I hope you were able to get some rest too. Thank you, Lord for seeing to the details! Love, Mom

Neecie said...

What a treat to see these pictures of the countryside! Isn't it wonderful how God puts special people in your life, Lisa, Jessica and others you have shared time with!

Just Me said...

Lisa is such an answered prayer! The mirror shot of you two is really awesome! I so love all the photos. The little bridge is really wonderful. It's like an invitation to a land of wonder! Cross here and discover what waits on the other side! All the pics feel so peaceful!