Sunday, March 18, 2012

Backing Up A Bit to Milan

It felt a little incomplete to not show some more photos from Milan so though we were on a track with the pig party,  please excuse the diversion.  I am finding I have less contemplative time than I imagined for blogging so, I really have no deep thoughts for my Milan moments except that it was beautiful and very metropolitan and my hosts were fantastic. They went way out of their way to help me (waiting for me an hour at the bus stop, skipped an English class to show me around the city, got tired feet in the process, cleaned their flat from top to bottom, and really thought out exactly what to show me...much more than I can say I've ever done for a guest!) I am so grateful to these two girls. So instead of deep thoughts, I will just show you what my eyes landed on and felt photo worthy as we walked through the city. : ) I can't remember names of any places either but I will try to do better in the next destination.




I will probably take a bunch of photos like this. 

One of my amazing hosts, Jessica. My cousin's wife's cousin.

Another awesome host, Alesandro. 

These two are super close friends and study together at medical school.


Alesandro seeing if the church was open. But, no photos allowed inside. :(




























3 comments:

Annie Heyward said...

Oh my gosh, how stunning! AHHH! I am dying over your pictures, Amber, and cannot believe you are experiencing this! I am so jealous! You are so lucky, friend. I am SO happy and SO excited for this beautiful journey you are embarking on! What incredibly beautiful architecture, paved roads...the candles, buildings, food, people...fascinating! Milan is swoon-worthy.

Just Me said...

Amber, what an awesome use of B&W. I love the architecture. The one photo with the series of arches and columns is begging to be leased out on a stock photography website by some graphic designer! Love the flowers, too. So colorful! I am SO very glad you're having a great time (despite the need for an extra nap somewhere along the way! lol)

Lesli Douglass said...

Amber, these Milan photos are bellissimo!!! The black and white one of the big building with the arch and it looks like tons of birds flying in all directions is so "wow." I LOVE all the ones of the candles, too! So so pretty--thanks for sharing. We never went to Milan, so I really enjoyed seeing these.