Friday, March 16, 2012

Milan

11AM
I arrived in Milan this morning and was greeted by Jessica who is my cousin's wife's cousin and her roomate,Fulvia & friend, Alessandro. I was a little tired but they were ready to show me Milan in a day! So I was ready to be shown. : ) I don't have a lot of time at the moment because they have planned an evening out with friends for dinner .. otherwise I would post more photos. I took a short nap this afternoon, unaffected by these lovely three cups of coffee or expresso. These kept me on my toes throughout the day... And I will say none of them were at my initiation but offered this many times in that many places and considering my lack of sleep I thought it would be a good idea. We saw so many things & if I can I will post more.
2PM


5PM
The threesome who showed me around today - Jessica, Alessandro & Fulvia. Thank you, guys!!

And here is Fulvia reading the map...I have about 10 other photos of her doing this throughout the day. She found great joy in leading us around Milan with this vintage map, as they called it.


In Some ways I wish I had one of these today but the excercise...man, did I need it.

3 comments:

Lesli Douglass said...

Ahhhhh, gorgeous!! Living vicariously also, Amber! So glad you are off to a good start! I loooove the "vintage" map and the orange bikes. Such wonderful images. Take joy in the journey!

Love,
Les

Gretchen said...

ah! the land where cappuccinos came from! yay! you totally have me excited for you!

Just Me said...

Ahhh! Telling time by the espresso's had through the day! What an enormously fascinating way to measure the day! I like it! Wish I could do it! By the way, all the photos are excellent. The bike shot should be in one of the National Geographic explorer articles and the espresso shots (photos) should be in restaurant magazines. I hope you do write an article and submit with photos to some magazines. (Make sure you note names of good restaurants.) They are definitely... sweet shots! (did you add sugar to your espresso's? sweeter yet! HA!) Til later, my friend! Shabbat shalom! (Really... may your rest be VERY peaceful!!!! Me thinks you're going to need it!) LOL