Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pontremoli

 I have officially entered a new era on my Italy trip and moved on from Monticino. I miss everyone already so much from there!!And so thankful for the experience.  However, I got the chance to visit with Jessica's family in Pontremoli which is a small town in Tuscany close to my next destination. Here are some photos of this little village inside the town.  This village is the area where my cousin's wife's family is from. 





 We stepped into the most well-known of the coffee shops in Pontremoli which has a Swiss influence.  This cookie is the "Pontremoli cookie" which was SO incredibly yummy I wanted 3 more. 






 Shoemaker





 This is Jessica's dad who was working in the garden when we arrived after the "tour".
 "Nana", her grandmother who is 91, totally gets around on her own and is sharp. I was so impressed. s
It was such a beautifully, small town. About 6,000 people in the city and surroundings. And then around 70-90 in the village.  Once again, I was totally blessed by Jessica's kindness to take me around and show me places. Her family is so lovely too; we had several meals together and I slept like a rock last night.

And here is the lovely mama of the home making, no less, a pie for tomorrow. 

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Amber!!! These are AMAZING. So glad to see your take on this new time and space. Love you, dear sister.

Briana said...

beautiful!! I love that you have already seen so many parts of Italy....and not just the things a tourist would see. Nana and the Jessica's dad look so kind...you can see it in their eyes!

Lesli Douglass said...

Oh my gosh, the photos of YOU in this post are gorgeous. Also, I love the one of the lady in the plaid skirt walking under the blooming trees and I LOVE the ones of Nana and her pretty turquoise sweater and scarf. So fun you are getting to hang out with Laura's family!

Gretchen said...

OH!!!! i love the sweetness of that one! Always wanted to see what it was like to live in a little town like that on the mountainside.. and i LOVE the grandma babushka lady! so sweet, and just flat out doesnt care about the whiskers that insist on growing out of her chin! She's a hearty lady!

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on the past three posts, Amber. What can I say?!! It's my dream for you, even down to a Tuscan village and knowing a family who lives there! Thanks you, Laura Rinks,for starting this gift! Your photos really tell the story well, Amber---what a gift for you to keep and for your hosts! Love Mom

Neecie said...

Enjoying seeing where Laura is from and her cousin Jessica. We were with her at Enoch and Laura's wedding, she is so nice! Love the pictures of you, if Jessica took them she did a great job!! Thanks for sharing this journey with us, it's wonderful !!

Anonymous said...

Amber,

We have really been enjoying following your trip and seeing the pics - especially enjoyed the recent post from Pontremoli and Bassone. We wish that we could be there with you but can't wait to talk in person to hear about all of your adventures! - Enoch

Just Me said...

Hello Amber! You've really captured the heart of this town... their faith...the natural beauty (really love cherry blossom walkway)...the people ... Really wonderful. The hanging roses are really pretty. And, my friend, I really like the photo of the "Rose" on the bridge. I've never seen a flower in a plaid shirt before. =) By the way, that was excellent the way the red in your plaid blouse matched the red door in the background. Great symmetry of color. (I hope I expressed correctly). The photo of the purple sheet hanging over the street and against the homes with blue shutters is GREAT! God has blessed your eyes, my friend! Thanks for sharing all that you see!