Friday, March 23, 2012

Horse Back Ride

Today, my last full day, I had the chance to go with one of the horse instructors and her friends on a looong  & lovely horse back ride. It was really only about 45 minutes but it was the best 45 minute horse ride I've ever been on.  My horse, was a little funny always wanting to stop and eat grass and coupled with trying to take photos...gosh, please don't try that at home!  I had my camera strapped across my chest and my sweet horse was good enough to just let me take photos and not steer along the way. Anyways...enough of explaining horseback riding, taking photos and beautiful scenery. Just look. It was gorgeous. And the photo above is one of the amazing horse teachers at Monticino, Rochelle. 
 Here she is when she's not on a horse turning around. By the way, I could not for the life of me get my horse in front of Rochelle's, because she rides a stallion...you go girl! Brave one. And none of the female horses want to get in front of a stallion when you are on a horse ride. He is the leader! 
So these photos are of that ride and the scenes that our eyes beheld. Enjoy with me! 






 We walked through this man's field and he was building a fire in the middle of our path...I don't know if he's upset that we were there or just saying hello. 
 I WISH this was me, but it is not! LOL...someone please take a photo of me like this someday, will you? 
 And then we walked through another property and this dog let us know the whole way out. 


3 comments:

Annie Heyward said...

How idyllic and beautiful! Love those shots and fields...

Lesli Douglass said...

So pretty!! That dog in the field of blooming somethings--gorgeous!! I can just imagine what it was like being on a horse and riding through those places--seems so peaceful.

Just Me said...

Seems like a little bit of paradise. This was a nice bit of my quiet time thanking the Lord for all His wonderful works. Praise God!