Wednesday, March 28, 2012

More Cinqua Terre


 The guy who served me anchovies on brochetta told me about this little place that plays music. Very laid back, friendly atmosphere, a bar where the locals come. One of the guys playing had brought his little dog which I quickly became friends with : ). Her name was Lulu; I tried to tell them that was my official "aunt name"...they just smiled nicely but I don't think they knew what to do with that information.
 The guy on the right owns and runs a little pizza shop next door and offers wifi for tips. He was super nice. 
 Italian beer is quite yummy. It's made in the north, near Germany...no wonder. 
Here are the guys who were playing; they were quite good!

 So before I move on to my next spot blogging wise, I wanted to wrap up my Cinque Terre visit.  The next day I took the train to Monterosso which is the last of the five towns and then spent a little time in each spot till I needed to catch my new train to Florence. This is that particular beach - notice the girl in the sand to give  perspective. 


 I got a coffee and pastry and sat in the sun for a bit. The weather has been truly wonderful - this particular day probably felt like 80-85 degrees. The water was freezing though! 


 I took a picture of the scaffolding to show that Cinque Terra has suffered some rain damage about last fall. So unfortunately the best towns on the island really suffered and are no longer the "best" towns. At least right now they are not. I ended up picking the nicest one to sleep on so I am grateful for that. So there is a lot of this going on...
 And a lot of the famous restaurants like the Blue Marlin on Vernazza are no longer there!! so sad...
I had to show this b/c for some reason (I don't quite understand), a lot of Italians were heavy down coats or other wintry things like (tights and boots and jackets) in 70 degree weather. I was literally wearing a t-shirt and light weight pants and was sweating when I walked past this woman. Every city I've gone to, it's like this. Someone has said it's b/c they had a hard winter (lots of snow), but still...I just want to ask, "are you hot in that? b/c I just broke into more of a sweat just looking at your coat!" : ) anyways, hey, at least I can say I did not bring cold weather clothing and therefore have to carry it. I literally only brought a few warm things and they are very lightweight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous beach scenes!!! I know it took your breath away---thanks for sharing! Love, Mom