Friday, March 30, 2012

Waiting for Rome

 While I was in Florence at the train station, me and what seemed like the rest of the world were waiting for our trains to arrive.  After buying a small french fry & medium coke from McDonalds for $5, I landed a front row seat in front of this precious bundle of joy.  His parents were ok with me taking his photo so I snapped away. He was so cute, I just had to post some. 



I have found that being on this trip, children really make my day.  It seems consistently we are both drawn to each other and usually it's at their initiation.  I will just be sitting there doing my thing and not realize a child is staring at me trying to get my attention.  And then it's like...boom, moments of joy open up for me. If I stop doing what I'm doing and interact leaving my adult self behind, immediately forget that I paid $5 for a coke and luke warm fries, or that my train is taking a while or that my feet are tired. It just all slips away because they carry a joy that is so carefree and contagious it seems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Amber!---staying in the present--he's adorable!!---love the way you've captured him.
Mom

Amber Beckham Photography said...

Thanks, Mary, for all your kind gestures and comments; they really mean so much! He was laughing quite loudly and just bouncing all over the place.