Saturday, March 24, 2012

Nevio & Tending the Vineyard

 I have one last posting about Monticino before I head on and it is probably one of my favorites.  Btw, I'm really going to miss you guys! You are awesome.   On Thursday Nevio thought I would like to follow him to the vineyard on the other side of the hill. He had a bundle of branches that he was using to keep the vines together and his cutting gear strapped on to his side.  His main task for this particular moment was to wrap the branches around the vines to the poles by twisting them together. It is a more natural way rather than using the plastic wire, which Nevio said he didn't like, as they would fall onto the ground and are not biodegradable. 

 So these images are mostly of just Nevio and the vines.  I became a bit infatuated with Nevio and taking photos of him. He just kept laughing but staying focused on repairing the vines, clipping off the dead branches. I kept seeing Biblical symbolism in this moment with John 15. 





 Nevio has some of the biggest paws I've seen.  You'd have to seen them in person but I kept commenting on them and everyone was laughing.  As it turns out, he has been nicknamed in the past as "Bear Nevio" b/c he has bear-like qualities (only he's not mean).  He is however someone that I found commands respect. He walks into the room and you just want to stand up but he doesn't say a word, just smiles and walks on by. 








5 comments:

Just Me said...

Amber, my friend, this is great. What a wonderful affirmation of a man and his work. The photos speak volumes. Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone. I know I am blessed and richer for it. God's grace to you as you move on to your next location.

Lesli Douglass said...

Nevio!!! I love you, cute thang!! Is Nevio married? Have you shown any pics of his wife? Maybe I missed that at some point. LOVE the spiritual significance of these pictures. I am inspired.

Amber Beckham Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber Beckham Photography said...

Lesli! I laughed when I saw your comment. No, he is not married but he is worthy of someone wonderful. While we were taking these photos, I couldn't help myself but I said it out loud, "I need a younger Nevio!!!" thinking he would not understand me but he DID!! : ) LOL...The cook was with us and she just laughed. I was a little embarrassed but unashamedly it was true. I didn't care. I could stare at him for at least an hour. He's the Italian bomb of a man!

Lesli Douglass said...

Amber, that is so funny!!! I think it's awesome to recognize qualities and character traits in Nevio that resonate with you and want to find in a partner someday. What a great revelation! He seems precious.